The MakeHaven community has been active in finding DIY solutions to the Covid-19 crisis. This session will kick off with an overview of the current situation inside the health system in New Haven from: Lisa L. Lattanza, MD, FAOA, FAAOS, Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery Yale New Haven Hospital. And Jamison Scott, Executive Director, New Haven Manufacutring Association about local manufacturing capacity. We will then turn over to community members to share their projects. There are several projects being explored. This online session will be a round table where each project lead has 10 minutes (or less) to describe the project they are working on. Each project lead should address.
1. What is the specific problem it solves?
2. What other competing and complementary solutions are being considered?
3. Why is your project the most practical (safe, scaleable, effective) solution to the problem?
4. What additional resources (information, materials, labor) are needed for your project to be a success?
Each 10 minute project description will be followed by 5 minutes of moderated questions.
Community Presentation/Pitches (list will grow)
- Sewing Face Masks - Lior Trestman and Kate Cebik Volunteer To Sew/Donate a Machine and Sewing Patterns/Info
- Strategies for n95 Life Extension - Lior Trestman
- Creating Plastic DIY Face Sheilds - Aaron Monikowski
- Yale Prototype Development Lab Response - Joel Greenwood
- Rex Ventilator - Stephen Robinson
- Testing Swabs - Anne Wyllie, PhD, Associate Research Scientist, Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Yale School of Public Health,Public Health Modeling Unit (pending avaliblity)
- Food Distribution Line Self Distancing Visual Aids - Johnathon Henninger
Presenters need to contact us for a spot in advance. Want to present your project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants (who can talk during presentation must register), others can watch and will be able to text questions in to the moderator. Open chat for comment and questions will be avalible to live viewers at: https://tlk.io/covid-DIY or embeded bellow.