Apply heat-trasnfer vinyl to t-shirts and other textiles.
Instructions for Use:
Heat transfer vinyl tips:
- Make sure you've cut your heat-transfer vinyl as a reverse of the final image. This allows you to apply it without it being backwards.
- Cut the image on the less-glossy side of the heat trasnfer vinyl, so that the sticky carrier tape is exposed when you weed.
Using the press:
- Always use a teflon sheet with the press to prevent melting!
- Preheat the press by turning it on and adjusting the + or - dial. Check specifics on your vinyl for temperature recommendations from the manufacturer based on the vinyl and material you are using. A good ballpark is 300ºF. If you need to close the press to retain heat, place the teflon sheet across the press bed as shown.
- When the press reaches temperature, most vinyls suggest preheating the t-shirt for 5 seconds before applying the vinyl. Put the material WITHOUT VINYL into the press, cover with teflon sheet, and close for 5 seconds.
- Open the press, remove warmed shirt. Position the weeded vinyl. Cover with teflon sheet. Place in the press.
- Close press for manufacturer's recommended time. 30 seconds is a good ballpark if you are unsure.
- Open the press and test a corner. The carrier sheet should easily peel back and the vinyl should be firmly applied. If this isn't the case, try 10 second intervals in the press.
Area of Interest: