To help inventors and entrepreneurs in the MakeHaven membership get started with turning prototypes into businesses we have a business guide. Bruce volunteers to give members insights into what options you might have to get started, and what resources are available in the community for a venture like yours.
The Startup Business Guide can help with:
- Understanding your options for starting small business
- Process questions for filing necessary paperwork to start a LLC
- Advice on readiness to talk with lending institutions
- Identification of small grants and other resources that help startups
- Referral to programs with robust supports for startup growth
Who is this for?
Any MakeHaven member who:
- Has interest in starting a business around an idea or prototype but not sure where to start.
- Anyone wanting to start a business selling crafts, art or maker products.
- An existing start up looking to understand how to start looking for funding.
- Wants to understand the general process of building a business.
Bruce draws on 23 years of running a small business through growth from a solo proprietorship, an LLC and a partnership. He is a trained SCORE coach. He has worked with lending institution has insights into you need to put together as a small business to have a successful interaction and avoid pain when working with bank. He is also a maker and known for active participation in a program that 3d prints prosthetics for children missing limbs.
Schedule a session
Sessions are free but reservation in advance is required. The meetings are held on the 2nd and 3rd Monday of the month at 6:30pm. To request a session please fill in this form at least 24 hours in advance, Bruce will reply confirming his availability.