Mark the spot for the hole
- Draw a line about 3 ⅛” down from the top
- Measure the width of your piece (in my case 4 ½”), and put a mark at half of that width (2 ¼” on mine), at the distance from the top (3 ⅛”) that you marked
- This should give you the spot along the midline of your board, a little more than 3” down from the top
Finish your project
- Use sandpaper to clean off any corners, and an eraser to remove pencil marks.
- If you’d like, wipe your board with Boiled Linseed Oil, which will offer your piece some water protection, and darken it slightly. Elevating the piece with painter’s pyramids lets you oil both sides.
- Don’t forget to vacuum up!
Inspiration to take it further: