People who sew:
- Less experienced at sewing? See this video or this pattern for multi-layer pleated rectangular masks.
- Some experience? Pocket mask: A wonderful member of our group put together a video of this simple pocket pattern. Thanks for this, Heather!
- Comfortable sewing and prefer a curved Olsen-style mask? While Yale-New Haven Hospital is no longer in need, we will gladly still accept masks made with the Yale New Haven Hospital Preferred Pattern for use for community partners in need.
- St. Vincent's Hospital is looking for masks and is suggesting this pattern. Another of our fantastic sewists put together these helpful instructions to accompany the original pattern.
- Transparent window masks are needed for the deaf community and those working with children. We are still trying these out, but have had success with this video (pattern available for download on the page) and this pattern (try our printable PDF for the pieces--be sure to measure your printout to be sure it printed at the sizes indicated).
- Looking for materials or have materials to donate? There are materials boxes at our 4 locations below. Please leave what you can/take what you need. If leaving fabric, please note if it has been pre-washed (this is ideal so it is preshrunk, but if you can't we will wash it!) We are leaving elastic and metal nose bridge pieces here for pickup.
- Have completed masks to drop off? Excellent! If you can, please wash masks, transfer with clean hands into a clean bag for dropoff and label the bag "Washed." Unlabeled masks are accepted and we will wash them, but this will cause a delay. Please note the amount of masks on the bag so we don't have to open bags (reducing contact). We have contact free porch dropboxes located at:
DOWNTOWN: (MakeHaven members only, building lobby, requires access card)
If you cannot get to these locations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your address and number and style of masks and we will try to arrange a pickup.
Organizations/businesses/individuals in need:
- Please see our updated PPE need page.
- Donate to "buy" masks for an organization in need (and pay a professional to make them quickly!)
Masks for personal use:
- NO SEW MASK FOR HOME/PERSONAL USE ONLY: cut tshirt version and no-sew handkerchief version.
- To purchase masks: see our COVID-19 projects page, Local Commercial Producers section for a list of professional individuals who are filling mask orders.
- Email email@example.com