Quilters of all levels are invited to join this quilting meetup.
- Tour the makerspace including the long arm quilter!
- See how the laser cutter can be used to cut fabric!
- Fabric Swap -- bring old fabrics (sheets, t-shirts, flannel pajamas, and cotton dress shirts) to swap with others.
- Show and Tell -- bring something you've made or aspirational imagery to share with the group.
- Community Quilt Progress -- let's share our squares. FYI: The guidelines for our Community Quilt are here.
- Choosing the Tutorial Topic for April -- applique, basic embroidery, visible mending, quilt binding methods, "sew as you go" quilting, and improv quilting...
Bring a sewing machine if you have one. We will have a few sewing machines on hand as well. Participants must be badged MakeHaven memberst to use the MakeHaven machines.
You're welcome to gather to work on your sewing projects independently.
Snacks are welcome. Jackie will bring a selection of seltzers or other beverages.
Please feel free to share this with anyone who might be interested! RSVP is not required.
Questions? Email Jackie: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The cute robot quilt pattern featured in the event image is available for purchase at Apples and Beavers.
MakeHaven Main Space
The main makerspace and connected shops. This is located at 770 Chapel Street. Registered participants should ring the MakeHaven labeled doorbell. They will be directed down a long hallway, and down a set of stairs to our basement workshop.