MakeHaven is a community makerspace that educates and empowers people by facilitating independent interest-driven projects, hands-on experiences and access to technology.
MakeHaven, Inc. is a not-for-profit, membership-driven organization, gathering place workshop for makers, creators, tinkerers and dreamers. The environment supports the development of and collaboration on a wide variety of projects, including: prototyping, fabrication, mechanics, electronics, crafts, art, and woodworking. Through free public events, skill building workshops an the indpendent projects of our membership, MakeHaven enables people to make things.
- Free public events and meetups which expose people to new and emerging technologies.
- Classes and workshops where people build skills in art and technology.
- Membership which grants 24/7 access to a woodshop, laser cutters, sewing machines, electronics workbenches, CNC mill and 3d printers.
- Scholarships for reduced or free membership to those with limited incomes.
- Training and project mentorship for members through a volunteer coaching program.
- Advice, events and capabilities to assist aspiring entrepreneurs in fabricating and marketing prototypes.
- Partnership with the VA hospital so veterans can include cooperative woodworking projects as a therapeutic activity.
Through talks, classes, workshops, collaborative projects, and other activities, we want to encourage research, knowledge exchange, learning, and mentoring in a safe, clean space. We provide educational spaces for teaching practical skills and theory of technology, science, and art. We provide work space, storage, and other resources for projects related to art, science, and technology that will benefit the individual members' personal growth in their fields of interest, encouraging the individual members to share their projects and knowledge for the betterment of society through art, science and technology. We create, learn, and teach, individually and as a group, inviting members of the community in the greater New Haven area and the world. We develop, support the development of, and provide resources for the development of free and open source software and hardware for the benefit of society. We promote collaboration across disciplines for the benefit of cultural, charitable, and scientific causes.
Our new location in the arts district of downtown New Haven CT, roughly 5,000 square feet, contains: an electronics shop, wood shop, crafting and sewing area, 3d printing area, lasercuters, radio area, plastics and casting area, bike repair shop and kitchen. All members are welcome to use our many resources. Members can find others to create with and/or to find help with their projects. We also encourage members to help others with their projects. MakeHaven encourages all members to come to the facility to learn, teach, share and create.
1500 Annual Participants