Event recommended by MakeHaven but organized by a partner organization.
Quilters of all levels are invited to join this quilting meetup at Eli Whitney Museum, in the Carter Studio, which is the first brick building you see upon entering the Eli Whitney entrance off Whitney Avenue. Hosted by Jackie Gleisner.
- Quilted Potholders/Trivets -- Jackie and Rachel will demonstrate how to create the quilt sandwich and make a binding for a quilted potholders/trivets.
- Fabric Swap -- bring old fabrics (sheets, t-shirts, flannel pajamas, and cotton dress shirts) to swap with others.
- Show and Tell -- bring something you've made or aspirational imagery to share with the group.
- Community Quilt Progress -- let's share our squares. FYI: The guidelines for our Community Quilt are here.
- Choosing the Tutorial Topic for March -- topics volunteered from the survey/first meeting include applique, basic embroidery, visible mending, quilt binding methods, "sew as you go" quilting, and improv quilting...
Bring a sewing machine if you have one. We will have a few sewing machines on hand as well.
Participate in the tutorial if you're interested! You're all welcome to gather to work on your sewing projects independently.
Snacks are welcome. Jackie will bring a selection of seltzers or other beverages.
Please feel free to share this with anyone who might be interested! RSVP is not required.
Questions? Email Jackie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any event or activity that happens on the property of another orgnization. For example tours of factories, or other community events that we feature.