The Wire Wheel uses spinning wire brushes and scotchbrite to deburr, de-rust, and clean parts without removing much metal.
Instructions for Use:
- The purpose of the wire wheel is to remove corrosion and burrs, generally from metal objects
- Ensure that sleeves are well rolled, any hair/jewelry is secured, and eye protection is on
- The wire wheel on the left is steel, and it is intended to be used on harder metals
- The wheel on the right is brass, and is intended for softer materials.
- If you cannot firmly hold the object while keeping fingers clear of the wheel, use vise-grips to hold the object
- Do not force the object into the wheel, and reduce pressure if the wheel starts to slow
- Always hold the object level or at a downwards angle, never upwards
- Angling the object upwards risks grabbing, forcing it down and pinshing
- Maintain awareness of the presence of the other spinning wire wheel, so that you don't accidentally touch it
- Clean up by vacuuming any dust
Item Area Interest:
Item Hazard Band:
Hazard Class 2 - Lacerations, and burn, Injuries requiring professional medical assistance