The following is the volunteer leadership schedule.
Board Meetings are limited to board members and invited guests. The board has ultimate responsibility for ensuring the organization is solvent and advancing the mission. Board members serve 3 year terms and ~1/3 of the board is elected every year. Nominations for board members from membership are welcomed. Prospective board members are evaluated by the governance committee and confirmed by vote of the existing board. See Board List. Board meetings are quartly and may take up any issue. Nominate for Board.
All committees work to advance the goals and objectives set forth in the organizational strategic plan.
Board Committees conduct governance and business fuctions which may include information about individuals and sensitive policies. Meetings are limited to committee members (board and appointed members) and invited guests. Each committee has a committee chair person appointed by the board chair person.
- Governance Committee
- Philip Bernstein
- Michael Angelus
- Catherine Cazes-Wiley
- Finance Committee
- Phillip Bernstein (committee chair)
- Eben Olson
- Jeremy Medow
- Resource Development Committee
- Jeremy Medow
- Michael Angelus
- Safety Committee
- Joel Greenwood
- Lesley Frame
Member Teams are formed by the board and serve important organizational goals. Executive Director apoints committe chair for annual terms. Board chair may remove any Comittee Chair or member. Committe members are appointed by committee chair, and typically earned by attendence. Decisions are by majority vote of committee members (attending or not). Committees may vote to modify their own membership rules and voting procedures. The mandate of these committees is to cooridnate the membership in advancing the committee goals, staff are collbaborators but assignment of tasks to staff should be avoided. Meetings are on a regular schedule and have defined membership but observers may join at any time. Committees may request to be assigned a budget by the board, spending is subject to staff approval.
- Outreach & Retention
New Member Recruitment and retention / Marketing / Inclusive Outreach
- Member Experience (formerlly known as Facility)
Membership Experience / Facility / Equipment
Member Activities / Education / Workshops
Groups have an idenfied leader (Elected and changed at any group meeting with 48 hour notice and 5 or more members) and membership defined by a "group-" Slack Channel. They may meet on a regular or ad-hoc schedule, as such they may not be reflected on this calendar (best to monitor conversation in Slack ). Groups focus is on coordinating activity to improve experience and engagement with their area of interest. Groups may propose spending which is approved from staff or committee budgets. A Group may petition the board of directors to be elevated to committee status, therefore earning the ablity to have a budget, defined membership and a standing schedule of meetings.
Volunteer Tasks - Individual members can help by doing things to help MakeHaven. There is an online task list, be sure to check the task when complete to be recognized.
Annual Board and Committee Schedule
Committee schedule is a minimum number of meetings, committees may choose to have additional meetings. (Committee focus area suggestion is subject to change)
- All Members and board: Annual Membership Meeting, Previous Year Reports, board member nominations open
- Safety Committee: Previous Year in Review
- Education / Workshops: Events Workshops Overview Plan for Year
- Development Committee: Grants
- Member Experience: Member Satisfaction/ Retention
- Governance: Board Policy / Bylaws Review
- Governance Committee: Determine Slate of Board and Officers
- Marketing / Outreach: Partnerships / Collaborations
- Finance Committee: 990 Tax review, Policies overview
- Board Meeting: Director Annual Review, Election of new officers and members (Annual Meeting)
- Safety Committee: Policy and Procedure Review
- Education / Workshops: External Focused Workshops
- Development Committee: Donor Recognition
- Member Experience: New Member Engagement
- Governance Committee: Strategic Plan Review
- Marketing / Outreach: Social Media and online advertising
- Finance Committee: Mid Year Checkin
- Board Meeting: Annual Review of Strategic Plan
- Member Experience: Facilities / Culture / Vibe
- Education / Workshops: Member Focused Educational Resources
- Development Committee: Year End Fundraising / Individual Fundraising
- Marketing / Outreach: New Member Recruitment
- Governance: Board Member Identification
- Board Meeting: Discussion on Fundraising
- Finance Committee: Develop Next Year Budget
- Education / Workshops: Revenue Generating Events
- Board Meeting: Approval of Next Year's Budget
- Member Experience: Engagement in Organizational Volunteer Activities