Updated September 30, 2022 Modifications tracked in "revisions" tab for logged in members.
Face masks are highly encouraged for anyone not up-to-date on COVID vaccinations or at high risk.
Face maskes are required in the following instances:
- Facilitator appointments where noted (will have a blue mask required button)
- Workshops where noted (will have a blue mask required button)
- Any time someone is working within proximity to another maker who asks you to mask. Our community safety standards require that you mask without objection or question.
Surgical masks are available for free at the door. KN95 masks are available in The Store in the back.
Please do not enter the space if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 or other highly-tranmissible infections.
Thanks for helping to keep our community safe!
If you Get COVID 19
Isolation from MakeHaven
MakeHaven follows CDC Recommendations for isolation.
If you had been at MakeHaven within 5 days of getting COVID-19, email staff imediately: firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the infection. Please include the dates and times that you were in the space as well as any close contacts you had while in the space.
Each member is responsible for reviewing and compliance with this policy.
This policy will be updated as the situation evolves. MakeHaven will send an email about significant changes, but you are responsible for checking this document and staying up to date.
- Masks - When required, wear a mask that covers nose and mouth at all times
- Distance - Stay 6 feet apart from others as much as possible and following signage
- Don't Enter if sick - including but not limited to a fever and cough, see CDC guidance
- Wash your hands - thoroughly and immediately after entering
- Scan in - Door logs and schedule will be used for required contact tracing. Must scan in at door.
- Guest Log - Guests must sign waiver each visit (used for contact tracing). Waivers can be signed online at: makehaven.org/waivers
- Wipe down - sanitizing wipes are available if you want to wipe down your work area and any tools before and after use.
- Increase Ventilation - When working in the woodshop turn on the exhaust fan to outside (ventilation fan is automatic in metal shop)
- Positive test - If you test positive for COVID-19 and have been in the space in the prior 5 days, please inform staff at email@example.com, and reach out directly to anyone you worked closely with.
MakeHaven policies are always second to National, State and City regulation and guidance related to Covid-19. If there is an apparent conflict between the two, take the more conservative path.
If you have questions or concerns about the policy, we invite you to share your thoughts here and/or speak with a staff member.