Updated August 18, 2021. Modifications tracked in "revisions" tab for logged in members.
Masks are once again required for ALL in the space, regardless of vaccination status. Thanks for helping keep our community safe.
EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2021: All individuals age 12 & over (vaccine eligible) must be fully vaccinated to enter the space while community transmission levels are substantial (orange) or high (red) as defined by the CT COVID Date Portal. Members must attest to this status at makehaven.org/vax.
Members wishing to pause their memberships while this requirement is in place may do so by going to makehaven.org/break (set date to 12/31/23 and we will update as the transmission rates go down). Members are not charged when memberships are paused.
Each member is responsible for reviewing and compliance with this policy.
This policy will be updated as the situation evolves. MakeHaven will send an email about significant changes, but you are responsible for checking this document and staying up to date.
- Masks - Wear a mask that covers nose and mouth at all times, regardless of vaccination status
- Distance - Stay 6 feet apart from others and following signage
- Prep at home - Preparation work that can be done at home should be done at home.
- Don't Enter if sick - including but not limited to a fever and cough, see CDC guidance
- Wash your hands - thoroughly and immediately after entering
- Scan in - Door logs and schedule will be used for contact tracing. Must scan in at door.
- Guest Log - Guests must sign waiver each visit (used for contact tracing). Waivers can be signed online at: makehaven.org/waivers
- Wipe down - sanitizing wipes are available if you want to wipe down your work area and any tools before and after use.
- Increase Ventilation - When working in the woodshop turn on the exhaust fan to outside (ventilation fan is automatic in metal shop)
- Schedule Badging in Advance - Facilitators are available by appointment only. Make an appointment via this scheduler. Allow at least 4 hours before shift time to guarantee receipt - Get appointment confirmation from the facilitator.
MakeHaven policies are always second to National, State and City regulation and guidance related to Covid-19. If there is an apparent conflict between the two, take the more conservative path.