The MakeHaven community has been active in finding DIY solutions to the Covid-19 crisis.
This session will review the needs and the progress and status of each of the projects. Updates will be presented by team leads and there will be a brief opportunity for questions related to each project.
Solution/ Project Leads will present in less than 5 minutes:
- Brief recap, what is being done and why.
- Progress since last week
- Remaining needs (materials, knowledge, labor)
Questions will be at end of presentations.
New? You can view the Round Table from the previous week.
Overall Summary of Coordination / Prioritization Challanges - Lior Trestman (5 minutes)
Community Needs Overview / Updates (15 minute total, 5 minutes each)
- City of New Haven - Steve or Kathleen
- Yale New Haven Hospital - Lisa Lattanza
- New Haven Manufacturers Association - Jamie Scott
Community Solutions 5 minute or less updates (40 minutes)
- Community Sewing Face Masks - Kate Cebik
- Plastic Face Shields - Joel Greenwood / Aaron Monikowski
- Test Swab Applicator - Chaney Kalinich / Colin
- CPAP Enhancement - Rich Pizzoferrato
- 3d Printed Ventilator Spliter - Bruce Crowder
- DIY Ventilator (research/feasablity/options/existing designs) - Stephen Robinson
- Germ Extraction Concept - Lior Trestman
Surrounding Community Updates / Connection (5 minute, overview what is happening)
- Danbury Hackespace- Mike Kaltschnee
- MakerspaceCT (Hartford) - Drew or Devra Sisitsky
- Fairfield County Makers Guild (Norwalk/ F airfield) - Vladimir Mariano
- Spark Makerspace (New London) - John Scimone
Moderated Questions for Community Solutions/projects. (10 minutes)
<END FORMAL 1 HOUR CALL>
The 1 hour session will be followed by breakout groups, organized by complexity and timeline for expected need.
1. Protective Equipment (what can be made now) - Masks, shields, other protective equipment in production now.
2. Medical Equipment Augmentation (anticipated single part needs to supplement existing resources) - splitters, swabs, single 3d printed replacement parts.
3. System Replacement (Worst case interventions requiring MacGyvering complex systems) - ventilator builds, cpap mods.
Breakout groups should refer to list of projects in Open Source COVID19 Medical Supplies, and focus on understanding the feasibility and logistics of implementing the most impactfull existing designs before persuing novel designs.
Have a a project not listed to present?
Presenters need to contact us for a spot in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org