The generosity of our supporters allows us to scholarship toward memberships. Scholarships cover a portion, or the full membership fee based on an individual's ablity to pay. Scholarships duration are for six months to one full year of MakeHaven membership with all the rights, limitations and obligations of regular membership. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and awards given as resources allow at the sole discretion of the MakeHaven board of directors. Although a price reduction of any amount can be requested based on need, typical awards result in a monthly discount from $15 to $25 for 6 months. At the end of term awardees may reapply.
Applications are evaluated based on several factors. The following are considered favorable factors when reviewing applications:
- Applicant shows a desire to contribute to the maker movement by assisting others in learning and creating.
- Applicant is an aspiring entrepreneur without access to resources who demonstrates a desire to learn and prototype.
- Applicant is economically disadvantaged or could not afford membership for other reasons.
- Applicant adds skills, experience or unique perspective to our community.
- The applicant adds diversity to our membership. We aim to increase membership of:
- Racial/ethnic minorities
Must be over 18 years of age to apply.